Monday, January 11, 2010

Lets Get On With It...

Well so far I have had one job interview... I need a job really bad and soon!! I have a lit of other places I can apply to if I can ever trust this computer to allow me to fill out the applications. I have had issues with my computer acting like a piece of shit for quite some time now. I can hardly wait til I can buy a MAC and stop dealing with all of this PC drama. I have found that several of the places that are hiring are not advertising that they are... But I am determined to find a job soon. It is quite easy to feel discouraged but you just have to press on sometimes I guess. I really hope the interview I had already will lead to a job though. I drove to Broadway Ave. and am I guess employed by this place called Apprentice Personel which is not exactly a real job... Basically it is a place you call everyday at 0545 to see if any work is available and if there is you work, and if not you are out of luck. Most of the people who are in the office are drug addicts who use the work to buy drugs and you can tell many of them live on the street. I know I can do better than this, so I am not really interested in sticking with this that long. I just hope I have a job really really REALLY soon!!

I have been thinking about things I would like to study in school someday as I have been in this position as well. I think it would be amazing to study dental assisting since I am only a matter of 12 weeks from compleation and $2,595 USD is all it will cost me to be certified. The school had various sites around Colorado so I could pick whatever works out the best for me.

Its hard not to think about the future even though I would really like to try to enjoy the present the best I can. I have had thoughts about going to Uni years down the road but I am never 100% certain what I would like to study. I have had thoughts of being a dentist someday (possibly for the NHS) but I do not know. I am doubtful I am even intelligent enough to be accepted to a dental school. And I would love to study Italian at Uni, I would just need a science to help be accepted to Dental school. I have always made A grades in science I just do not know if I am smart enough. It has been a while since I studied any of that.

Right now I just want a job, to enjoy my life and have lots of adventures. I have begun to go back to church at First Presbyterian Church in downtown and have met some people including Lilly-Ann, Jill, Ashlet, Kathie, Amy, and a number of others I can not remember all the names to. I would really start to work on a Bible study or a book study that I had on my list of things to do before returning to school. I am doing a Sunday School Class called "Saving Jesus from the Church" taught by Pastor Kathie with the church, but I have a list of books and studies I would like to do on my own still.

I have been working on putting my Christmas Cards together (I know it is late but it has been difficult with the whole moving process). I hope I have a job really soon so I can have an address to send them from. I would really like to expirence life in one place for a bit seeing as I moved house what was it FOUR times in 2009?!? Way too crazy for me anyway!! All the same, Chad and I have been talking about moving to Colorado sometime... I am pretty sure it will happen eventually, I just need to not worry about it. It will happen when it is supposed to.

Overall I am just not happy with this rut I am in just yet. I am ready to get on with it... I am ready to have a job and feel settled. If I am fortunate, hopefully I can be employed within a week. I have a lot to do it is simply NUTS!!! Just continuing to pray and trust that things will be okay... I am ready to be settled.

I have loads of errands to do today, including looking for work and dropping by my dentists office for inquiries... I need to know how costly an exam will be and a cleaning. Hopefully we can have that figured out soon!! :)

Thats all for now... Peace Out A-Town =P

--RAYE

No comments:

Post a Comment