Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Beautiful Sunset & Counting Blessings :)


The sunset tonight was beautiful just before 1800 as I finished my laundry at the Washeria. That is what this picture is of. The picture does not do the sunset justice!! It was more of the kind of sunset that puts your mind at ease in knowing that even though times are difficult, everything is going to be okay. I fully believe things will be okay despite how difficult they seam now. Tomorrow marks a full month that I have been unemployed. I have not recieved my financial reimbursements from the government yet for my education, I am tired of living off of plastic, and I am really ready to just get a job, move into my apartment, and get on with life. I have finally settled on my paint colours for my place after going through at least a dozen paint samples. I even have decourating ideas... I just can hardly wait to do it all.


Even though my life is rediculously stressful right no I can not help but look toward the future and feel okay. In the last week or so especially I am learning seriously to rely on God for strength and hope to get through everything. For the first time in a long time I am understanding what it means to be in relationship with God & to trust and rely on him for support. For one of the first times in my life I feel like I am seeking this because I trully need it, not to impress anyone or because it is even the "right thing" but because I feel I have a significant need for it.


Aside from looking for jobs nonstop it feels like I have been reading the book Saving Jesus from The Church for Sunday School, I have been reading the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (Brad has been telling me to read this since 2007 and I finally am. It is amazing. I plan to post a blog on my thoughts of the book and a review when I am finished with it. I have a list of books I would like to read on my list of "things to do before University" that I plan on reading & I hope to also blog on those things so look out for that along with all of my crazy adventures I hope to have. I finally finished writing my list of things to do before I attend University. I am excited that I am already starting the things on my list!


I also can not wait to get my apartment so I can finally post out all of my Christmas cards that are waiting to be sent once I have a job and address to send them from. I also have the January birthday cards waiting and ready. I am so ready to just get on with life. I am tired of aiting for a job. Lilly-Ann at church says she knows a lady we may be able to talk to next week sometime to see if she can offer any help in finding a job. I have a feeling something good is going to happen soon, I just don't know what or when. I am hoping it will be a job in the next week or 2 weeks tops!! In the mean time just continuing to trust God & rely on him to provide for me because there is nothing else I can do. It will be okay... Just continuing to count my blessings is all I can do. Today has been more laid back mostly finishing chores opposed to running around the city applying for jobs everywhere under the sun. It is slowly getting later and as the evening progresses I am getting more & more tired!! (I swear I am becoming a morning person... Scary!!)


Lets only hope that this next week will be when I finally land a job!! Crossing fingers & praying hard...


-- RAYE

No comments:

Post a Comment