Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April News... Busy Month...


Well to say the least it looks like life is finally starting to go my way... Or at least it has been going more in my favour these days. My painting of my apartment is DONE! All I have are a few tiny touch ups that I need Chad to do, but that has not stopped me from moving all of my stuff in and getting settled. Last Saturday night I spent my first official night in my own place sleeping on my Lilo. On Saturday I also got my pet guinea pigs (pictured in this blog). I have three :) There names are Moe (the long haired fuzzy one), Ginger (the orange one), and Splodge (or Splodger), who is the orange and white one. They were all identified as girls when I bought them so HOPEFULLY they were correctly sexed. They are superrrrr cute and I love them so much. It is so great seeing their little personalities come out... Moe is super affectionate... and Ginger is a major trouble maker... Splodge seams to be more like Ginger than Moe, but does not cause THAT much trouble... just not too cuddley. They are really messy and poo all over their cage a LOT so I have to clean it VERY often... I have a feeling I will spend more money on litter for them than on anything else for them. Luckily it only costs $3 or so at WalMart :)


I also have a sofa now... :) Its a really pretty green sofa!! Thanks to someone my father knows, he was able to use his truck one day to help me bring the sofa home... As for the rest of my furniture, I assembled all my shelves & its all getting put together... I still have a mess of stuff on my floor to put away, but its not too bad. Today I bought my bed frame too. I am having it shipped to me so it will take a bit to get here but yeah... I am excited all of my bills are much less than expected. That helps a LOT! I have just about everything I need for my apartment so far except I do not have a telle!! Or things to mount my pictures to the wall!!


I finished my April book like... a day or two ago maybe?!? So hopefully I will blog on that in May!! Of all of the rest of my books I chose for 2010, NONE of them were available in the book stores, so I bought them ALL online today (cheaper to buy in bulk)... I am even having one shipped to me from England because it has not been published in the USA where I am at the moment. I also bought a lot of Walkers crisps in bulk to be shipped to me. They do not sell those in America either!! I also bought some Yorkshire Gold Tea, British Chocolate Bars, Maramite, and Australian Veggemite!! :) Had to get them imported since you can't buy them in America (or at least any place around here)... I just hope whichever of the books that arrives next month for my May books arrives in time for me to finish the book before May is over!! I also sent out my May birthday cards today and talked to my father because it was his birthday!!


I know I am probably forgetting something, but I don't remember, so I will end with a funny story: Normally I hate spicy foods and find things that are not hot to most people very hot, but for a few days I have really been craving something spicy! So at work one day I tried the mild salsa and it tasted like water... it was so sad. It did not kill my craving, so the next day I was still craving something hot & I tried our hot salsa & it was SO WEAK!!! The maneger Ernie had gone to Taco Express & had some leftover authentic Mexican RED HOT CHILI PEPPER hot sauce (the REALLY hot stuff). He put a drip on my taco & I loved it so he gave me the cup of it (decent size cup), & I poured the WHOLE THING on my last 1/3 of a Taco... It was SOOOOOO HOT but SOOOOOO GOOD!!! I loved it. My eyes were watering & my nose was running but it was totally worth it! and with a small sip of water I was great! (No burning mouth) :) Today the manager Jackie remembered how much I loved it & when she went by Taco Express they give you an option of 2 cups of mild & two of hot... she usually does not get the hot but she did and brought them to work to give to me... :) I may hate salsa & I may hate spicy foods, but that is some gooooodddddd salsa :) hahahaha


Now that you have had a good laugh, I am back to more stuff to do!! I hope you all have a good rest of April since I am pretty sure this is my last post this month!! :)


RAYE

No comments:

Post a Comment